Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Revised Goals... :)

Or maybe just updated? I dunno.

I gained 4 lbs over the weekend. It sucked, but ya know - with my period starting (and I'm totally holding more water than ususal, I can feel it in my ankles especially!) - and the holiday at my mom's, I'm not surprised at all. I haven't worked out in 5 days either. I was just beat! So, that being said - there are new goals now. The good news - the size 14s still fit. ;)

The weight goal remains the same, but will probably NEVER happen, at least not the 180 by the end of the month!

I got told that I need to up my protien intake. I bought a cookies and cream flavored protien shake mix this weekend at GNC. I'm going to mix it with some milk and boost up my protien. My goal is to eat at least 200 grams of protien a day. We'll see if I can manage it without being full ALL the time (wouldn't that just suck?!)! :)

Secondly, I'm cutting out the carbs after 4. Ok, not completely cutting, but no rice or potatoes with dinner, etc. I'm going to attempt to get in most of my carbs at lunch time or before. Oatmeal for breakfast -- that kind of deal.

Thirdly, eat more. Yes, you heard me, eat more of good things, like fruits and vegetables. I'm already not eating much red meat, though I did splurge and have a burger last week. My grandma sent us home with 3 lbs of fresh ground beef -- from the butcher in Cando -- for our Easter present. I'm not complaining, but it got thrown in the freezer. :)

Fourth, less running more walking. I'm going to split up my hour workout into 30 minutes running, 30 minutes walking. Supposedly part of the reason I'm not dropping weight as quickly as I think I should is because my heartrate is constantly in 'cardio zone' instead of 'fat burning zone'. Duh - who knew there was a difference! The zone to burn fat, for me, is 114 to 152 bpm. That's about 30 bpm slower than my heart rate is when I'm running. So, I figure I'll do the morning run like usual to blast the calories and then do a nice 30 minute walk in the evening. I hope that works!

And that is my update for this lovely Easter Monday.

No comments: