Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

7.5 MPH. Really. I can do it.

I ran 2.5 miles last night in 20 minutes. Ok, so it was on the elliptical (and damnit, how DO you spell that word? Is that right!?), but I did it! I CANNOT BELIEVE I CAN RUN SO FAST!

After 6 months off from working out, my body didn't revolt at the thought of working out as hard as it was previously. Now, I think that it's SORE -- I mean, I AM sore, but it's such a good feeling!!! I adore it!

I am sick. ;)

I've lost 4 lbs this week. :) SWEET! The man says that it's not possible, but I'm eating under 2000 calories a day, drinking a TON of water (which is the key, I think) and I've cut out most of my carbs. I know, I know... low carb is bad. However, I know my body. It hords carbs. The minute I start eating too many of them is when I start to gain weight. So, they are pretty much gone out of my diet again. Don't get me wrong, I ate a ButterBurger last night for dinner, so they aren't COMPLETELY gone, but mostly. :)

Goodness, I still can't believe that I ran 7.5 mph -- and I didn't pass out or die or anything. I think tonight is going to be a strength training night. OR maybe 20 minutes on the elliptical and then strength training? Annie is going with me, so we'll see...

So far so good on those goals for the week. :)

No comments: