Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A *REALLY* good recipe! :)

My boss had this salad last week and it looked so yummy that I had to have some.

Asian Crunch Salad

3 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti (it gives it this GREAT nutty flavor!)
1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I put in a bunch more because I love garlic!)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup frozen baby peas
1/4 cup red bell pepper strips
1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw
1/4 cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts


1. Break pasta into 3 inch pieces; cook according to package directions, ommitting salt and fat. Drain.

2. Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl. Add pasta, onions, and next 4 ingredients (through slaw) to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Top with peanuts.

Calories: 126 (30% from fat)
Fat: 4.2 (sat .6g, mono 2.4g, poly 1g)
Protien: 4.7g
Carb: 18.6g
Fiber: 3.6g
Chol: 0mg
Iron: 1.1mg
Sodium: 430mg
Calc: 24mg

I actually made this recipe with a whole box of pasta. It was still just as yummy and it got better as it sat. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with D on the not weighing yourself tomorrow. Think if you went a week without it it would totally change your whole outlook.