Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Monday, July 16, 2007

MSN Articles on Emotional Eating

I know I do this sometimes... and sometimes I don't realize it till the whole bag of chips is gone.

This is also one of the reasons why I try to stick to sensible eating instead of calling it a diet. As soon as its a diet then its something I can cheat on, which gives you a thrill you know? Makes it Forbidden and all the more fun.

Emotional Eating:
http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100166042&GT1=10212

One quote that really struck me as key..

"Many people report to me that as they're approaching their goal weight they often sabotage themselves and all of their efforts. They wonder why that is. It doesn't seem to make any sense. In fact, you may be able to relate to that experience.

The answer, time and again, proves to be simple: if you didn't have your weight to think about you might have to think about what's really bothering you, and that's very frightening, because I know that you feel powerless to change the things that really bother you. "

No comments: