Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Depressing Fridays

Sometimes Friday’s arrival is a joy, the work week has gone well. Everything you set out to do was completed with bells on. You have stunning weekend plans which you are totally prepared for...

For me more often than not Fridays are just a source of debilitating stress. Work goals that did not get accomplished. Weekly status notes highlight your failures, and as the end of the week approaches, debug gets more frantic and mistakes are made. Packing preparations for a weekend or evening trip I am not ready for. There are chores around the house going undone all week that now have to sit over the weekend.

What are weekends for you? Do you use the extra time to catch up? What do you spend time on, work or family responsibilities?

About 3 out of 4 Fridays I wish I just had the whole night to veg and de-stress from the weekend. But it seems 4 out of 4 Fridays have something planned already.

No comments: