Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

On the way...

...to achieving my short term goal. I ran 3 miles on my treadmill yesterday at 5.0 for 2.75 miles and 6.0 for the last .25 mile. I pushed myself hard because I knew I could do it even if I would end up almost dead. Brian made it all better by giving me a leg massage :-) All joking aside, I was extremely sore after the run, but this morning I'm not sore at all!!! I strongly believe it's a result from the massage last night...now I know the cure of sore muscles after a good workout :-D

I plan to run 3 miles on Saturday or Sunday, that would be 3 miles twice this week. I will work towards running for 3 miles 3 times next week and continue this for at least 3 more weeks. Then I'll add .5 miles at a time until I reach my 5 miles 3 times a week goal! In the meantime, I'm going to add some strength training 2 or 3 times a week to build stronger leg muscles.

I'm so excited about getting this close to my goal...I'm determined to achieve this by mid July!

~J

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Kick Butt! Great job on setting up your goals!