Geek Goals

This year is about getting my sanity back. Getting my health my house and my family into a better place by deliberate incremental changes in all areas of my life.

Friday, December 02, 2011

Hot and Healthy Out the Window

Fitness and nutrition have gone completely out the window the last year. Job uncertainty, lifestyle changes from starting a family and general "getting oldness" has been the norm for me the last 2 years. I need a mind shift from planning exercise into my life to planning my life around exercise and nutrition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!

Jossie said...

I hope you're doing well, Danielle. One thing that has helped me is getting a membership at a yoga studio that is a 15 min walk from my house. I go to it 3x per week, and walk there/back. Also, there's a Walgreens just a few minutes passed it, whenever I need something small, I just walk there instead of driving to the grocery store. Wish you the best for 2012!!

Danielle said...

@Jossie - I have never timed what the walk would be to Walmart, I suspect about 45 min :) I am starting to time myself when I take an afternoon walk at work, I find its a lot shorter than I think it is. Shooting for 30 minutes and even when I feel I walk "a long way" it times to only 20 min.